A blog about quilts'n stuff

A blog about quilts'n stuff

Monday 29 August 2011

Gobsmacked!

Yes, that's what I was this last week.
You know why?
My daughters told me my mum was getting married (in secret) and they were both witnesses to the marriage (which is obligatory here in the low countries). They had a lovely day together!

But what should I do?
Should I do something?
And what if I would, would my mum expecting more?

I thought of making something (a smal quilt), but then I rejected it.
It would raise too many expectations: and I don't want any contact.

So I'm doing NOTHING.
But I'm not happy about that ...

I think it's great she's tied the knot again.
At nearly 80 (in a year) she's made a new start with someone she loves (I hope she does).
Good for her.

Now my daughters tell me of other reactions; not so positive at all!

This gets me thinking and doubting again ....

I know you can't help me, but I just needed to get this off my chest.
Thanks for listening


Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you find a solution that suits you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family can be very complicated. Praying that peace fills you and the decision becomes an easy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Betty. I need to read further back so get more information. Yes, family can be very complicated. I just read on a friend's FB that she has had no contact with her mother for two months and used to talk to her every other day, and now doesn't know where she is!

    ReplyDelete