A blog about quilts'n stuff

A blog about quilts'n stuff

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Wednesday's Work in Progress

I finished a few quilts lately: a baby quilt and two a little bigger.
A friend of mine was expecting and I was sure she was going to have another boy as I can imagine her easily with a flock of sons around her.
Then she had a girl and I had to adjust.

I made a quick and easy quilt for her baby girl:


Don't you love IKEA?
And one for her two year old son



The original quilt will be for another friend of mine who requested a playmat for her baby son.
It's made of bits 6 old shirts,  1 old dress and 1 old curtain all from the trhift shop. It'll get a red border a both of these need to be quilted and bound. Today and tomorrow!

So I'm very happy everything has turned out well for the moms, their babies and the quilts! (&me)

I'll be linking up to Felicity wo's guest posting at Lee's Freshly Pieced.


5 comments:

  1. ohh yes I love ikea - the bold colourful prints ... I really like the quilt for your friend's baby girl - it's not too girly princessy pink ...
    hehe the garden dwarf/gnome is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts, love the garden gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love IKEA for wonderful fabric! All of these projects are so wonderful, Betty. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely quilts....I especially love the red and blue one....and your stained glass quilt in your header is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! Glad you were able to adjust easily to the birth of a girl.

    ReplyDelete